About the project
Infoturism Association announces the start of the project “The Magic Northern of Transylvania, online and offline promotion of natural and anthropogenic targets with major tourist area Northwest”, developed through the Regional Operational Programme 2007-2013, Priority Axis 5 – Sustainable development and tourism promotion, Area Of Intervention 5.3 – Promoting the tourism potential and creating the necessary infrastructure in order to increase Romania’s attractiveness as a tourist destination, The Operation – Developing and strengthening domestic tourism by supporting specific products and specific marketing activities that took place in the conference press on 11 March 2011.
Note: In the event were presented: the objective of the project activities to be undertaken, the project, the financial contribution from the European Union and the Romanian Government and deliverables of the project.
The general objective of the project is the promotion with national impact of the tourist potential of the products less known specific to the North-West Region, increase of the tourist attractiveness of the North- West region, of the tourist offer and investments, providing the information basis necessary for the attraction an orientation of tourists.
It is aimed the promotion with national impact of some tourist resources specific to the North West Region, components of the natural and anthropic environment, namely, tourist objectives with huge potential which in this moment are insufficiently known and promoted.
The purpose of the project is to significantly contribute to the development and consolidation of the domestic tourism. This project wants to increase the contribution of the tourist sector to the economy of the North West Region, by the development and consolidation of the domestic tourism toward the North – West Region. The specific tourist products chosen for promotion can be found in the list described at the point 2.3.
The main specific objectives of this project are:
The promotion with national impact of the above mentioned tourist resources, to:
at least 500 tourism agencies, members of ANAT;
at least 1,000 unique visitors daily, via internet;
The increase with more than 15% of the number of tourists in the area of the objectives promoted as for 2009
Increasing awareness sightseeing with 5% for a at least period of 6 month (notoriety will measure the ratio between the number of unique visitors and portal promoted www.transilvania-magica.roand the average number of unique visitors ( average per day and by region) on 25 major portals recorded on the current leader in online audience monitoring in Romania.
Development and consolidation of the interest of the domestic and international tourists toward the tourist resources promoted from the North West region;
Increase of the tourism as volume, diversity and area, in the region of the promoted products;
Improvement of the level of knowledge of the tourist resources promoted from the area of the North West Region;
Increase of the degree of information of tourists on the promoted resources;
The activities, object of the project have as purpose the improvement of the quality of the promotion tourist services and their compliance with European standards with positive implications on the tourist field:
• elaboration of an extensive data base of text, audio and video information for each promoted tourist resource;
• providing a complete source of tourist information („one stop shop”) through the portal of tourist information www.transilvania-magica.ro;
• distribution of catalogues and CD of presentation of the promoted tourist resources to at least 500 travelling agencies on national level;
• participation in tourism fairs to promote the tourist resources;
• attraction of larger diversity of tourists segments through the portal of tourist information www.transilvania-magica.ro; • increase of the visibility of the resources promoted and implicitly of the North West Region on national level, through the tourist information portal; of the insertions in specialty magazines, promotion on the two tourism fairs, through catalogues and presentation CD.
The total value of the project is 930,741.80 lei;
Eligible amount is 702,617.00 lei;
ERDF grant eligible amount is 597,224.45 lei;
Grant eligible amount of the national budget is 91,340.21 lei;
Co-financing of the beneficiary is eligible 14,052.34 lei.
- 1 “Mihai Viteazul” (Michael the Brave) – rural celebration
- 2 “La fântâna dorului” (At the Sorrow Fountain) – folk festival
- 3 The Onion Festival
- 4 Negreni Fair
- 5 The Grapes Ball
- 6 Folklore and folk art afferent to the tradition of Beius Fair
- 7 The Slovakian Potatoes Holiday
- 8 Aeternus Maramorosiensis – Medieval Festival of Sighetu Marmatiei
- 9 The “Salajean Village” Festival – Porolissum
- 10 Autumn on Ierului Valley